I'm a Singapore event photographer; specializing in corporate events, weddings and birthday parties.

2011-02-25

Taxi Cab With DHL Advertisement, Singapore


  • Nikon D7000, 18-200mm f3.5-5.6
  • At 105mm, f6.7, 1/750 seconds, ISO 6400
  • Center weighted metering, Program exposure, Auto white balance

This was on Hill Street, outside Funan. Slogan on the advertisement is "No One Delivers F1 Like We Do." I like the ads on the taxis and buses here. Adds color to the place. I used to work with a marketing manager, who preferred taxi ads over bus ads. Her reasoning was that a taxi will run all over Singapore and get more exposure, while a bus is limited to one route. I still prefer bus ads because they are nice and big. 

Tech products age fast, gives photos a sense of history. I have an old photo of a bus ad taken with a Sony digital camera that uses 3.5 inch floppy disks. The ad is for Iomega Zip drives. 

ISO 6400 is a bit high for daylight. I was testing high ISO on the new camera. This is frame number 52 on my spanking new D7000.