I'm a Singapore event photographer; specializing in corporate events, weddings and birthday parties.

2011-02-25

SOTA, School of The Arts, Singapore



Trunk of the tree is not in the photo. What looks like the trunk is part of the building. The guy sitting there was there when I walked past. I didn't ask him to model for me.

Whenever I see the building, I think of the movie Fame. It's next to the Cathay Cineplex building, where I like to go for movies. It's at the end of Orchard Road, less busy than the rest of Orchard Road. 
  • Nikon D7000, 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 
  • At 34mm f4.2, ISO 800, 1/125 seconds.
  • Center-weighted metering, Program exposure mode, auto white balance

Like most day shots, this is easy because there's lots of light. No tricky yellow light either. Set everything on auto and you'll be fine. It was a bit under-exposed because of all the white. Boosted fill light about two stops using Picasa.