I'm a Singapore event photographer; specializing in corporate events, weddings and birthday parties.

2011-05-05

Wisma Atria Shopping Centre



Wisma Atria is at the start of Orchard Road, next to the Orchard MRT Station. Its basement level is directly connected to the station. It has been around awhile, but has kept up to date with facelifts for the facade.

I like it because it is one of the few that proudly displays its name on the front. I'm often in some strange area, looking out for a specific shopping complex because it is a landmark, see one, but then can't find its name anywhere on its outside. I've walked past many of the new shopping complexes along Orchard, and I still don't know their names.

You can see the Food Republic food court at the top left. It's a chain with branches all over Singapore.

Website is http://www.wismaonline.com/
  • Nikon D7000, 35mm f1.8
  • At f2.8, ISO 100, 1/60 seconds
  • Program exposure, center-weighted metering, auto white balance
  • Picasa: Auto contrast, crop
Had to take the photo from an angle because the 35mm isn't wide enough to fit everything in if I'm flat-on straight at 90 degrees. Actually looks better this way. Using the non-zoom 35mm has forced me to explore different angles, instead of simply zooming to fit.