I'm a Singapore event photographer; specializing in corporate events, weddings and birthday parties.

2011-05-18

SingTel Crab Advertisement



The crab, of course, is not real. It's plastic, beautifully and realistically painted. Pretty spectacular and eye-catching, as far as advertisements go. This is a Singtel (Singapore Telecoms) advertisement, for their "Red Rewards points" for restaurant discounts. Unfortunately, you need to read the fine print to find out what it's about, so I'm not sure how effective the advertisement is, no matter how good it looks.

Advertisement is at a bus stop opposite the National Library (you can see the library in the background). I'm not certain but I'm guessing that the advertising company pays for the construction of the bus stop, in exchange for permission from the LTA (Land Transport Authority) to sell advertisement space. I love capitalism. I'm just wondering who keeps the crab after the campaign is over. 

  • Nikon D7000, 35mm f1.8
  • At 35mm, f1.8, ISO 100, 1/90 seconds
  • Program exposure, center-weighted metering, auto white balance
  • Picasa: Auto contrast, crop