I'm a Singapore event photographer; specializing in corporate events, weddings and birthday parties.

2011-05-03

SDP (Social Democratic Party) Election Rally, Jelapang



Taken from the public corridor of the top (17th) storey of a nearby HDB flat. I was prepared to go down a floor if any of the residents there objected. Instead, one lady saw me through her gate (she left the main door open) and asked me if I wanted a stool. Surprisingly, I was the only one at the top. I was expecting a crowd. 

Stage is the red rectangle on the left. Blue blob at the top is the media platform with a bunch of cameras. Diagonal line at the bottom is the LRT track. You can see a portable toilet next to the pillar at the bottom. Guys in fluorescent green are policemen in raincoats. Light rain, so everyone was under an umbrella or using the LRT track as shelter.  
  • Nikon D7000, 35mm f1.8
  • At f2.8, ISO 800, 1/30 seconds
  • Manual exposure, center-weighted metering, auto white balance
  • Picasa: Crop, auto contrast