Lantern wall at Pagoda Street entrance to Chinatown MRT train station.
I spent the evening, walking around Chinatown, taking photos of the lanterns strung across the roads. My favorite photo turned out to be this one, taken as I was going home.
- Nikon D7000, 18-105mm f3.5-5.6
- At 18mm, f5.6, ISO 6400, 1/350 seconds
- Program mode, center-weighted metering, auto white balance
- Picasa: Straighten, crop, auto contrast
I was on manual exposure most of the time but I switched to auto because
- These lanterns were brighter than the rest of the area.
- With so many lanterns, exposure was even across the scene.
- People were walking to the escalator and I didn't want to stop and block them.