I'm a Singapore event photographer; specializing in corporate events, weddings and birthday parties.

2011-07-14

CHIJMES External Wall, Night


Outside of the popular CHIJMES (former Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus) nightspot.  

I'm glad that they kept the convent walls, but didn't think that the outside would make an interesting photograph (the inside is much more photogenic, http://sgsnaps.blogspot.com/2011/05/fountain-court-chijmes.html ).

Then I happened to be passing by one day, on my my home via City Hall MRT station, when I noticed that the perspective of the receding walls would make an interesting photo. And then this girl walked by and beautifully balanced out the photo. 

  • D7000, 18-105mm f3.5-5.6
  • At 18mm, f5.6, ISO 3200, 1/180 seconds
  • Aperture priority, center-weighted metering, auto white balance
  • Picasa: Crop, auto contrast
Could have gone with a loser shutter speed and lower ISO, but I didn't have time to switch (was taking some photos at 105mm earlier, with stopped down aperture for depth of field).