I'm a Singapore event photographer; specializing in corporate events, weddings and birthday parties.

2013-02-28

Stewords Riverboat, Marina South Pier, Night


Replica of a Mark Twain-style Mississippi riverboat, permanently berthed at Marina South Pier. There's a restaurant, a cafe, and a multi-purpose hall.

http://www.riverboat.com.sg/

I took this photo on the way back from a boat trip to Kusu island. I hung back behind the rest of the passengers, to take the photo and ended up being the last one through the customs checkpoint.
  • Nikon D7000, 35mm f1.8
  • At 38mm, f2, ISO 1600, 1/15 seconds
  • Manual exposure, center-weighted metering, auto white balance
  • Picasa: Crop, glow
The reflections off the water are an important part of the composition. I had to consciously aim the camera downwards to capture them in the frame.

I carried two zoom lenses on this trip, together with the 35mm f1.8 prime. I switched to the prime when it got dark, not just because it was the brightest lens but also because I was stumbling around in the dark and didn't want a big lens hanging off my camera.