I'm a Singapore event photographer; specializing in corporate events, weddings and birthday parties.

2012-10-26

Old Chang Kee, Sentosa


Aside from its food, Old Chang Kee ( http://www.oldchangkee.com/ ) is known for being one of the early Singaporean companies that expanded regionally. It's famous for its curry puff but I prefer the chicken-mushroom puff. It also sells various deep-fried snacks on-a-stick.

This particular franchise is in Sentosa, near the Beachfront LRT and bus stations. It's a standalone shop, making me think of Edward Hopper's Nighthawks.  

The pink floral basket on the left is from a well-wisher as this franchise had just opened. 
  • Nikon D7000, 40mm f2.8
  • At 40mm, f4, ISO 400, 1/60 seconds
  • Manual exposure, center-weighted metering, auto white balance
  • Picasa: Crop, auto contrast, auto color, straighten, fill light
With the glowing signboards, this scene is trouble. Best to go to manual exposure immediately. Judge the exposure from the LCD playback and adjust accordingly. 

I don't use the 40mm f2.8 much. It's a macro lens and I bought it to take close-up photos of wedding rings. I was on my way back from a Registry of Marriage ceremony, which is why I used the lens to take this photo.