I'm a Singapore event photographer; specializing in corporate events, weddings and birthday parties.

2012-05-13

Haji Lane Shopfront


Classy asymmetrical design. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the shop.

This was at 9am on a Saturday morning so most of the shops were still closed. The "Alcohol free zone" poster is a reaction to the bars and cafes that have opened up in the traditionally Malay/Muslim area. I don't think the posters have much effect even though more than one shop displays them.  
  • Nikon D7000, 35mm f1.8
  • At 35mm, f5.6, ISO 100, 1/60 seconds
  • Aperture priority, center-weighted metering, auto white balance
  • Picasa: Auto contrast, straighten
I don't use the 35mm f1.8 much. Neither here nor there - not wide enough and not tele enough. But it is my lightest lens and my bag was already too heavy that day. Worked out well, was wide enough most of the time.